Malaysia – Knight Frank, the independent global property consultancy, today launches the Global House Price Index Q3 2017. The index monitors the performance of mainstream residential markets in 55 countries across the world, 11 of which are from Asia-Pacific.
Results for Q3 2017:
- The Knight Frank Global House Price Index increased by 5.1% in the year to September 2017, the slowest since the start of 2016
- Prices increased year-on-year in 88% of the countries tracked but almost half saw their rate of growth decline compared with last quarter
- Iceland leads the index for the fourth consecutive quarter but its rate of growth has slowed
- European housing markets averaged 5.6% price growth in the year to September, up from 2.3% three years ago
- Annual residential price growth slowed in six of the 11 markets tracked in Asia Pacific in Q3 2017 compared with previous quarter.
- China has slipped from 12th to 19th position in our rankings as tighter macroprudential regulations bite
Kate Everett-Allen, Head of International Residential Research, says: “Thirteen of the 15 strongest-performing housing markets around the world registered a slowdown in their rate of annual growth in the year to September.”
Nicholas Holt, Head of Research for Asia-Pacific, says, “Looking forward, expectations of rising interest rates in a number of markets will continue to lead to some downward pressure on pricing, although with regional economic growth remaining strong, underlying fundamentals in many markets remain robust.”
To download the report, please click: http://bit.ly/KFGHPIQ32017
For further information, please contact:
Mr Nicholas Holt, Head of Research for Asia-Pacific
email@example.com +86 10 6113 8030 @nholtKF
Ms Rachel Loke, Head of Marketing, Communications & Digital, Asia-Pacific
firstname.lastname@example.org +65 6429 3587 @knightfrank
Mr Clement Tan, Manager, Public Relations & Communications, Asia-Pacific
email@example.com +65 6429 3599 @knightfrank
Ms Seline Soo, Marketing & Communications Manager, Knight Frank Malaysia
firstname.lastname@example.org +603 2289 9669 @KnightFrank_my
Notes to Editors
Knight Frank LLP is the leading independent global property consultancy. Headquartered in London, Knight Frank has more than 14,000 people operating from 413 offices across 60 countries. The Group advises clients ranging from individual owners and buyers to major developers, investors and corporate tenants. For further information about the Company, please visit knightfrank.com.
Knight Frank has a strong presence in Malaysia with its headquarters in Kuala Lumpur as well as branches in Penang, Johor and Kota Kinabalu. The company offers high-quality professional advice and solutions across a comprehensive portfolio of property services and is registered with the Board of Valuers, Appraisers and Estate Agents. The Company is licensed to undertake property, valuations / consultancy, estate agency and property management and is also on the panel of all leading banks and financial institutions. For further information about the Company, please visit www.knightfrank.com.my.