The Denizen, 43 Golden Lane, City of London, London EC1Y
About the project
In the vibrant heart of the City of London, an area rich in culture and architectural history, The Denizen offers a calm, sophisticated environment that delivers the very best of modern living. The apartments are everything a City home should be: spacious, bright, elegant and tranquil.
The City is London’s innermost layer. And it’s here you’ll find The Denizen – a sophisticated collection of 99 new studio, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments offering elegant living spaces, tranquil outdoor retreats, premium amenities and impeccable service.
Possibly London’s greatest creative hub, the Barbican is one of The Denizen’s closest neighbours, making The Denizen truly immersed in culture. And with both Underground and Crossrail a casual stride away, you could hardly be better connected.
People who live and work in the area know there’s more to the City than finance and business. There are an abundance of cafes, Michelin starred restaurants, bars, markets and shops.
A contemporary and elegant landmark, with every detail considered. Individual balconies and sunken gardens answer the need for an outdoor retreat from urban life, and the concierge services help navigate life in the world’s most exciting capital.
Estimated completion date: Q4 2019
Developer: Taylor Wimpey
Pricing: From £695,000
Amenities: 24 hour concierge, private residents’ screening room, games room & cycle storage
Tube stations: Barbican (5 mins); Moorgate (9 mins); Farringdon – Crossrail 2018 (9 mins)
Estimated service charge: £5.50psf
Ground rent: 1 bed £500 pa; 2 bed £750 pa; 3 beds £1,000 pa
Lease: 153 years
Key selling points
- Strategic, Zone 1 location
- Low service charge for investors
- Within walking distance to some of London’s finest universities – UCL, LSE, King’s College, City University and Central St Martins
- Moments from the City and Tech City (Old Street Roundabout)
- Established area with a nearby market, Waitrose and some of London’s finest restaurants
- Easy access to 3 tube stations, including Crossrail from end of 2018
- Siemens appliances in the kitchen (penthouse Miele)
- Engineered hard wood flooring with carpets in the bedrooms
- Comfort cooling to the living area and master
- Underfloor heating throughout
- A non-refundable reservation fee of £2,000 (£5,000 for purchases over £1million)
- 10% of purchase price is payable on exchange of contracts, within 21 days of reservation
- A further 5% 6 months after exchange
- A further 5% 12 months after exchange
- Balance of 80% payable upon completion
*The reservation fee can be taken by credit card or debit card in person or remotely.
One assignment permitted.
Nominated solicitor: Forsters
Legal incentive if using Forsters: £1,000
For further information on The Denizen, please contact Dominic Heaton-Watson.