The Lancaster and The Barker, Birmingham, B4 6LJ - The UK's Second City and one of the fastest growing cities in Europe
Be part of something exceptional at Snow Hill Wharf: Canal-side living in design-led apartments
About the project
Snow Hill Wharf brings gated luxury living to an area rich with heritage and craftsmanship within Birmingham. Enjoy the advantages of living right in the heart of the city and discover the benefits of high specification apartments.
An exciting addition to the area, Snow Hill Wharf is just moments from major transport connections at Snow Hill, New Street and the forthcoming High Speed 2 terminal. Close to Birmingham's fantastic array of shops and restaurants, each apartment also benefits from an exclusive 24-hour concierge service and residents-only facilities, including a gym, sauna, steam room, cinema and lounge.
Featuring 3 stunning landscaped podium gardens set beside a revitalised waterway, Snow Hill Wharf is redefining urban living in the UK's second city.
Your Place to Shine:
Nestled between the tranquil canal-side and the vibrant Jewellery Quarter, Snow Hill Wharf sits at the nexus of a city in the midst of ambitious regeneration and growth. Birmingham has been ranked as having the highest quality of life of any English city outside of the capital and is one of the fastest growing cities in Europe.
Of course Birmingham has no shortage of unique attractions, already home to:
- Michelin Starred Restaurants
- New High Speed Rail 2 terminal launching in 2026 - linking Birmingham to London in under 50 minutes
- Birmingham International Airport, with 50 airlines travelling to 150 destinations
- Home to the 2022 Commonwealth Games
- Colmore Business District within walking distance of Snow Hill Wharf
Birmingham is truly a place for anyone to SHINE and to settle into an exciting life in Britain's second city.
Birmingham is undergoing a renaissance. It's thriving arts and cultural scene includes all-year round events at the National Indoor Arena and LG Arena. The Symphony Hall attracts internationally acclaimed artists and the city's renovated library forms one of the largest cultural spaces in Europe. With a world-class symphony orchestra, ballet company and the most popular theatre in the country, there is plenty to explore and enjoy.
- All-year-round events at the National Indoor Arena and LG Arena
- World-class symphony orchestra & ballet company
- Thriving arts and cultural scene
With 52,000 students graduating every year from the city's 5 Universities, many are attracted to stay in Birmingham because of it's excellent employment opportunities.
- University of Birmingham
- Birmingham City University
- Aston University
- Newman University
- University College Birmingham
Birmingham is the best-connected city in the UK with 90% of the country within a 4-hour drive of the city. Snow Hill Wharf is close to regular direct train services to London Euston and close to the forthcoming High Speed 2 terminal as well as Birmingham International Airport.
- 90% of the UK within a 4 hour drive
- Close to Snow Hill and New Street train stations
- Upgrades to transport infrastructure including enhanced Metro Tram & bus services
- Close to the forthcoming HS2 terminal
- New public thoroughfares, pedestrian walkways and cycle routes improving congestion and air quality
- 5 mins Birmingham Snow Hill Station
- 9 mins Birmingham Business District
- 15 mins Birmingham New Street Station
- 18 mins Bull Ring Shopping Centre & Selfridges
- 12 mins Birmingham International Airport
- 1hr 23 mins London Euston
- 1hr 28 mins Manchester
- 1hr 48 mins London Marylebone
- 7 mins M6 Motorway
- 12 mins M5 Motorway
- 15 mins M42 Motorway
Location – Shadwell Street, B4 6LJ
Developer – St Joseph by Berkeley Homes (FTSE 100 Company and UK’s largest housebuilder).
Local Authority – Newtown, Birmingham City Council
Tenure – 250 years Leasehold
Architects – Carey Jones Chapman Tolcher
Interior Design – Julia Palmer Design
Completion – Q1/Q2 2021
Service Charge – £2.60 per sq ft
Ground Rent - £350 per annum
1 bed 478-550 sq ft
2 bed 657-1,132 sq ft
3 bed 1,110-1,617 sq ft
1 beds- £189,950
2 beds- £297,000
3 beds- £440,000
Every apartment will include a free furnishing pack.
Purchasers will receive a £1,500 legal fee contribution.
The Barker Block – 80 Apartments
The Lancaster Block – 88 Apartments
- £2,000 reservation fee – under £500,000
- £5,000 reservation fee – over £500,000
- 10% in 21 days less the reservation fee
- 5% in 12 months from exchange
- 5% in 18 months from exchange
- 80% on completion
- 1 assignment permitted
Documentation for Exchange of Contracts:
- One form of photo identification (Passport, driving license or ID Card).
- One form of proof of address (Current utility bill or bank statement showing name and home address no older than three months).
- Confirmation of source of funds.
- Confirmation of occupation.
- (Solicitors to have signed and certified the original copies of the above).
For further information on Snowhill Wharf, please contact Dominic Heaton-Watson.